About UMaine MARINE
Created on the foundation of its nationally and internationally recognized marine programs, world-class research, and cutting-edge facilities, the University of Maine Marine Aligned Research, Innovation, and Nationally-recognized Education or UMaine MARINE is a unique Maine-based initiative that brings together university, industry, government, and community collaborators who through integrated and innovative transdisciplinary marine research, education, and outreach are dedicated to the enhancement of social and economic wellbeing in Maine and beyond.
- To sustainably advance marine-oriented community needs and economic development in Maine and beyond
- To balance good stewardship of marine resources with economic development
- To develop a national model of innovative transdisciplinary marine research, education, and outreach
- To grow and develop cutting-edge marine resources and facilities
- To further strategic partnerships and community engagement
- To enable attainment of significant external resources to support the initiative’s vision, mission and goals